Picking out the best heavy duty scratching post for your choosy cat, can be challenging. Right?
Heavy duty cat scratching posts can be a blessing in your life. Scratching – the self-care nature of the feline can be a scathing mess. Especially, if your feline is a wild scratcher and its favorite spot is your best-loved furniture.
Well, after a lot of research and consultation with different veterans, cat experts and behaviorists. We have chosen the 7 best heavy duty cat scratching posts that are not only promising but also well-built that your cat can’t resist itself from nurturing by scratching.
Let’s cut the chase now!
Best Heavy Duty Cat Scratching posts for Long Adult Cats
It is one of the best tall scratching posts that is not only sturdy and firm but lasts longer that you think. This vertical stand attached with a wooden base provides a strong support to it. A 32 inches long post not only allows your feline to stretch freely but it also prevents a stumbling block for cat’s nails as, in case of carpets post..
- Indestructible: Woven sisal- durable natural material makes it an indestructible scratching post for cats that last up to 4-5 years. It is also more desirable over carpet posts that may become a snug for cat’s nails.
- Reversible: You can switch the top and bottom and tighten it with screws and voila! So, you do not need any replacement soon.
- Cost: Durability justifies the price.
- Sisal fabric: It may shred off and no replacement is available for this.
The best of the best to treat your feline. Highly recommended.
This scratching posts comes with two pillars providing a space to cats for rest as well. Natural jute fiber posts attached with a hammock bed give a luxury feel to your feline. The easy assembling and its sturdiness makes it everyone’s choice. It makes it very more playful by providing a pom-pom toy attached with stretching cords. It has accommodation for large felines but it may tumble over sometimes so it’s a best deal for kittens.
- Duo-Scratching Posts: It is best for 2 cat’s owners that provides a super comfortable hammock bed and also allows interactive playing.
- Vertical Layout: Its vertical stands facilitate your canine to warm-up and tone its muscles.
- Cost: This post is very cost effective with respect to its usability and durability.
- Stretching cords: It may tangle up while playing so, be careful.
It is indeed a best dual deal to try for.
As it claims, “Significantly outlasts Cheaper Alternatives”, totally justifies it. This indestructible cat scratching post is all you want to add in your cat’s life. Two tiered long lounge can be flipped over and used from the other side makes it durable that relieves the stress and frustration of your feline and allows it to lay down freely after
- Cardboard Material: It is made up of superior, non-toxic corn glue that facilitates healthy scratching.
- Horizontal design: Despites of its horizontal design, it allows cats to stretch freely and relax.
- Cost: It is a little bit expensive but worth each penny.
It is the best heavy duty scratching cat post that not only fulfills the urge to stretch but also gives the cozy feel to your cat. Definitely recommended.
Best Heavy Duty Cat Scratching post for Multiple Cats
The compelling design contains 3 tall scratching posts for cats along with carpeted base and perch area making a whole deal for your feline. The different color posts along with dangling toys attracts the attention of your cat. The sturdy set-up assures the stability.
- Usability: It’s a best pick for multi-cats owners. All of them can play around at a time.
- Sisal posts: The indestructible cat scratching posts, wrapped with sisal ropes makes it more loveable by cats.
- Cost: It’s a bundle pack on a budget.
- Durability: The fabric inside the carpeted base may start to loosen up. So, it may not last long.
This modern cat scratching post is a must for indoor cats especially. Do give it a try.
Best Heavy Duty Cat Scratching posts for Kittens
Pet- Fusion provides a range of products for your cat. But this one is their best out in the market.
It’s durable, sturdy and made up of cardboard making it last longer. It’s best for kittens but can also be used by long cats. It doesn’t require assembling and ready to use. This is the best indestructible scratching post you owe to your cat.
- Modern Design: The modern scratching post for cats that can be rotated for as many times to use.
- Different angels: Either vertical or horizontal posts loving feline, it gives the privilege to have both in one.
- Cost: The best runner up to have on a reasonable rate.
- Durability: Little cardboard flakes come off while scratching, making them less durable.
The heavy duty cat scratching post that comforts the cat by providing different positions for scratching is a legitimate pick for your feline.
You might be interested in: 5 Cat Behaviors to Worry about and How to Fix Them!! Complete Guide | 2021
Best Budget-Friendly Heavy Duty Cat Scratching posts
If your cat loves to scratch carpets then it’s a must have for you. This handy tall scratching post can be used anywhere. The rubber fitting at the both sides makes it easy to lean-on sofas, couch, against the walls, and along the door etc. The carpeted post assures the healthy scratching.
- Vertical design: The tall vertical design allows enough stretching and jumping, loved by felines.
- Sizes: It’s available in different sizes. So, you can pick according to your feline.
- Cost: It’s a very budget friendly pick.
- Fall over: It may fall over the cat while scratching if not placed properly.
Best for cats who love to sleep on their vertical posts. A cozy carpeted post for your cat to play around.
Kitty Cat brings the best heavy duty cat scratching posts. The hefty, tall scratching post is carpeted with sisal woven instead of being roped. The length of 32 inches allows the cat to have a long stretch thus, can be used for cats up to 40 lbs. A perfect pick that fixes on the floors aided with pads underneath the wooden base makes it sturdier.
- Simple and strong: It’s an elegant design for long heavy cats.
- Sisal Material: Absolutely loved by cats to stretch, warm-up, and scratch.
- Refill: No refills provided.
After listing the best ones for your cat. These are some basics just to give you a little know-how about the things you should keep in your mind before choosing a scratching post.
Scratching Posts for Cats-Why?
Cat owners entail these indestructible cat scratching posts to save their household essentials. Scratching, being a natural behavior of felines, urges it to scratch anywhere. It helps to:
- Firstly, protect their claws.
- Relax and comforts the feline
- Lastly, to keep it more active and playful.
Now let’s have a sneak peak about how you should choose a perfect heavy duty scratching post for your cat.
Consider These Features While Choosing a Heavy Duty Cat Scratching Posts:
Firstly, observe your cat carefully. Each cat has different likings and preferences but following things should be considered while choosing a best scratch post for your cat.
- Length and Strength:
The robust and tall scratching posts (approx. 30-32 inches) should be selected to avoid replacements.
- Quality of material:
Indeed, cats like shredding material the most. However, cats like to scratch carpets also. The most in- demand material that is loved by almost every cat is sisal fabric, Sisal ropes are also in use but the sisal fabric is most enjoyable by cats.
- Vertical and horizontal scratching posts:
Mostly cats like vertical posts as they allow more stretching, jumping, and playing but others like flat or horizontal ones. Keenly notice the interest of your feline then select the right one.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Why is my cat not using the scratching post?
This might happen when the cat is not liking the post, it usually occurs when the cat does not like the material. Sisal fabric is mostly preferred. Also, observe what your cat prefers a flat on or a tall scratching post, then change accordingly.
- How should I train my cat for tall scratching posts?
Try to start training your feline at an early age. You can use scotch tape to cover those particular areas where your cat used to scratch like sofas or couches and place the posts there. You can also use Feliway and catnip tools for better training.
- Can I use one scratching post for my other cats as well?
Yes, most of the heavy duty scratching posts can be used for more than one cat. Our recommendation is Pet-Fusion 3-Sided Vertical Cat Scratching Post.
- What is the best time to replace the post?
This could happen when your post is shredded a lot or the post is damaged or it is bent or swayed. Your cat will probably not use it anymore so it needs to be changed.
We do hope that this article will be helpful for you to choose the best post for your feline. Let us know your pick.
If you want to know more about cat’s behavior, then check our guide to 5 cat behaviors you need to worry about and how you can fix them.